Manual Transmission and Clutch Repair and Installation
Like the classic driving experience and the feel of a manual ride? We do too. At Town Center Automotive, manual transmissions aren’t dinosaurs yet. Our technicians are familiar with manual transmission repair and assembly and will keep your classic car, custom manual transmission build, or heavy vehicle in top condition.
Keep your clutch and manual transmission in top shape with regular servicing and clutch replacement when necessary. Some of the key signs that your manual transmission needs help are:
- Slipping clutch: The clutch slips out of gear faster, and the engine revs faster when the clutch is engaged. You may notice slower acceleration or reduced engine power, and the “burning clutch” smell.
- Sticking clutch: You will notice that the clutch does not want to engage, even when the pedal is pushed all the way in. This time, the problem isn’t with the transmission itself, but with the linkage between the clutch pedal and the transmission. The exact repair will depend on the type of linkage your vehicle has.
Your usage habits will drive how soon your clutch needs to be serviced or replaced. Lots of engine revving, stalls, rough shifting, or burnouts will decrease the life of your clutch and transmission. Backcountry and mountain driving are also harder on a transmission than flat road driving.
We will service and replace whatever parts your manual transmission needs, including:
- clutch pressure plate replacement
- flywheel servicing or replacement
- pilot bearing and bushings
Our experienced technicians are familiar with two-wheel and four-wheel drive transmission builds and will give your car the treatment it deserves.
If your car is showing signs of a faulty clutch or transmission, bring your car in for a diagnostic appointment so we can know how best to help you. Contact us today at (503) 770-8787 in Clackamas or (503) 252-9577 in Portland.
Call Us: 503-770-8787
BG Lifetime Protection Plan
BG Transmission Service
BG Transmission Service is backed by the Lifetime BG Protection Plan® if the initial service is performed within 100,000 miles. To maintain coverage, get a BG Transmission Service every 30,000 miles.
- Dissolves and suspends deposits
- Rids all old fluid and suspended debris
- Installs new automatic transmission fluid
- Fortifies new fluid with seal conditioners, oxidation inhibitors and shift improvers
- No deposit formation
- Restored transmission performance
- Longer transmission life